According to the most recent report from Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, across the State of Florida, the total number of car accidents was 235,461. Of the almost 250,000 Florida car accidents, almost 200,000 involved some kind of injury, including about 2,500 car accidents which involved deaths of a either driver or passenger.
Of the death related Florida car accidents:
- 794 were alcohol related deaths
- 106 were drug related deaths
- 499 pedestrians were killed
- 76 bicyclists were killed
- 350 motorcyclists were killed, and
- 80 deaths involved teen drivers.
In Orange County, the home of Orlando, there was 17,090 car accidents on the roads and highways traversing the county. In Osceola County, the home of Kissimmee, there was 3,141 car accidents; and in Lake County, the home of Leesburg and Clermont, there was 2,540 car accidents. In Palm Beach County, where I started my career representing victims of car accidents, there were 13,410 car accidents.
Of the car accidents in the greater Orlando-Kissimmee-Clermont area, we know that:
- 1091 car accidents in metro-Orlando were alcohol related;
- 205 car accidents in Kissimmee were alcohol related; and
- 236 in Lake County, including Leesburg and Clermont, were alcohol related.
Of the accidents in the greater Orlando-Kissimmee-Clermont area, we know that those which involved personal injuries from an automobile accident were:
- 14,818 for the Orlando car accidents area;
- 2,933 from Kissimmee car accident area; and
- 2,432 from the Clermont car accidents, including car accidents in Leesburg and car accidents in Clermont.
Motorcycle Accidents involving a death:
- 19 Deaths were reported from motorcycle accidents in Orlando;
- 3 Deaths from motorcycle accidents in Kissimmee; and
- 4 deaths from motorcycle accidents in Clermont/Lake County
Motorcycle Accidents involving Injuries:
- 429 injuries were reported from Orlando area motorcycle accidents;
- 85 injuries were reported from Kissimmee motorcycle accidents; and
- 108 injuries were reported from Lake County and Clermont motorcycle accidents.
Car Accidents involving and Bicycle Accidents with Injuries:
- 295 injuries from bicycle versus car accident cases in the metro-Orlando area
- 54 injuries from bicycle versus car accident cases in the Kissimmee area; and
- 30 injuries from bicycle versus car accident cases in the Lake County, Clermont area
To learn more about your rights and responsibilities in you have been involved in a car accident, motorcycle accident or bicycle accident in Florida please contact Orlando car accident lawyer Mark P Cressman today. Your consultation for your personal injury case is always free and can take place in your home or hospital room if you are unable to come to our offices. As always, No Recovery – No Fee – Guaranteed!