Florida Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Insurance Requirements for Victims of Car Accidents in Florida
- If no treatment in 14 days of the accident, you will lose your benefits under PIP In addition the initial services and care must be provided by a either a hospital or emergency transport, or by an M.D., D.O., D.C., or D.D.S.
- PIP benefits will be limited to $2,500.00 in medical benefits unless there is an Emergency Medical Condition. An Emergency Medical Condition is to be defined as a condition manifesting itself by acute symptoms of sufficient severity, which may include sever pain, and the absence of immediate medical attention could reasonably be expected to result in any of the following conditions: (i) serious jeopardy to patient health; (ii) Serious impairment to bodily functions; (iii) serious dysfunction of any bodily organ or part.
- Follow up care will be limited to care and treatment “consistent with the initial diagnosis.” If the initial diagnosis was for neck pain, then back pain from a Florida car accident will not be covered, and vice versa.
- Massage therapy and acupuncture treatment are no longer covered. Simply put they are not covered. If you receive this treatment, a car accident victim will have to pay for this treatment out of pocket and it most likely will not be considered by an adjuster in evaluating a bodily injury claim.
- The amount of the medical bills charged by the physicians, and which will be reimbursed by the car accident insurance carrier will be based on the Medicare schedules. However, the Florida car accident insurance companies will be permitted to use the Medicare coding policies and methodology for determining fee reimbursement under Medicare and Medicaid services to determine the appropriate reimbursement for medical services provided following a car accident.
Now it is more important than ever to consult an experience aggressive car accident lawyer in Florida if you have been involved in a automobile accident. Call mark to day for your free consultation to determine your rights if you have been in a car accident in Florida. Call today at 407-877-7317!
Car Accident lawyer serving Orlando, Pine Hills, Ocoee, Winter Garden, Apopka, Kissimmee, Clermont, Groveland, Minneola, Oakland, Dr. Phillips, Buena Vista, and Lakeland.